For whom is housing loan guarantee suitable?
Housing loan guarantee is designed for people wishing to take a loan for the purchase of new living premises or renovation of the existing ones, and decrease the downpayment obligation. With the help of housing loan guarantee, one can buy an apartment, house, plot of land or a summer cottage. The purpose for buying a plot of land must be building of a house, and in the event of summer cottage, rebuilding of the summer cottage for permanent living.
What are the main requirements to an applicant?
At least one of the loan applicants wishing to use the housing loan guarantee of KredEx shall belong into one of the below target groups:
Target group of young family
A young family is a parent or parents raising a child of up to 15 years (included), whereas a guardian is also considered to be a parent.
Target group of young specialist
A young specialist is an up to 35-year-old (included) person, who has acquired secondary or vocational secondary education (based on basic or secondary education) or vocational education based on basic or secondary education, and meets one of the following conditions below:
- an employment contract, service contract or board member contract has been concluded with the person, whereas the probation period (if applicable) shall be over;
- who is assigned to a post according to the Public Service Act, whereas the probation period (if applicable) shall be over;
- the person is registered in the business register or tax board as a self-employed entrepreneur, whereas he/she shall have operated as an entrepreneur for at least a year.
Target group of those purchasing energy-efficient housing or reconstructing housing to become energy-efficient
Someone purchasing or erecting energy-efficient housing or reconstructing housing to become energy-efficient.
Requirements for energy-efficient housing:
- When energy-efficient housing is purchased, a residential building with one apartment or a residential building with two or several apartments where an apartment is being purchased, the rating for energy efficiency has to be at least C.
- When energy-efficient housing is erected or a residential building or part thereof is reconstructed, the rating for energy efficiency achieved has to be at least C.
State-guaranteed energy-efficient residential building, including a part or apartment therein, has to be the borrower’s permanent residence and property.
Target group of tenant of restituted living premises
A tenant living in restituted living premises is the following person having a tenancy contract at the moment of restitution in living premises restituted as unlawfully expropriated property as an object of the ownership reform:
- a tenant
- a tenant’s spouse or a person actually living together with the credit recipient without being married
- a grown-up family member of a tenant with whom a loan agreement was concluded in connection with the death of the tenant
- a grown-up family member of a tenant
- tenancy can be certified with a tenancy contract or a certificate of the population register
- the tenancy contract shall be valid at the moment of applying for the credit
- living together with the tenant can be certified by a tenancy contract or a certificate of the population register
- if the living premises used under a tenancy contract are not bought, the loan recipient and persons living together with him/her need to vacate the living premises within 3 months from the conclusion of the loan agreement
- a written agreement regarding the termination of the tenancy contract and vacation of the living premises needs to be concluded between the owner of the living premises, the tenant and all grown-up family members living together with the tenant
Target group: veteran of Defence Forces or Defence League
Veteran is a person who has served in Defence Forces or Defence Legue, been on foreign missions, or been injured while in the service of Estonian Defence Forces.
What are the terms for housing loan guarantee?
- self-financing at least 10% of the value of the loan guarantee property
- loan guarantee amount is up to 24% of the value of the loan guarantee property, but not more than EUR 20,000. Up to EUR 50,000 in the target group of those purchasing energy-efficient housing or reconstructing housing to become energy-efficient
- there is no limit to the loan amount
- terms of repayment schedule of a loan over 30 years: the age of the loan recipients at the final term of the loan does not exceed 70 years, and the guarantee property has been completed or fully renovated within the past 10 years
- guarantee fee 3% of the guarantee amount is paid upon the conclusion of the contract as a one-time payment
- grace period in the event of childbirth until the child is 2 years old or if the child was born earlier, not longer than until the child is 2 years old
The living premises bought with the help of KredEx guarantee do not have to be the first purchased living premised, but at one time only one KredEx guarantee can be used.
The owner and user of the purchased or renovated living premises shall be the loan recipient. It is allowed to purchase the living premises as common ownership with the spouse or a co-loan recipient.
Please read the housing loan guarantee terms and consult our customer account managers if necessary.