Insurance for single export transaction
Export transaction insurance is targeted at entrepreneurs who want to insure the payment risk of a buyer located in a foreign country. You may insure the risks of just one export transaction of your company as well as the risks of all sale transactions involving a foreign buyer located in one foreign country and to be made within one year.
Export transaction insurance allows you to offer a flexible payment term to a foreign buyer. If the buyer is unable to pay invoices in time, your company will not suffer as a result.
- We reimburse to your company the damage caused by unpaid accounts receivable.
- You can more boldly start sales in an unknown foreign market.
- You will get more information about the background and payment history of the buyer.
- Gives you a competitive advantage, as you can offer the buyer flexible payment terms.
- You receive assistance in debt collection and compensation for the related costs.
- Credit insurance can be used as a guarantee when financing sales invoices with factoring or other financial services.
Service is suitable if
- you want to insure the risks of one sales transaction with an important buyer abroad or the risks of all sales transactions carried out with the buyer during a year,
- you are taking your first steps in exporting,
- you want to offer the buyer a long payment term.
- You can insure only the payment risks of a transaction of a foreign buyer.
- Generally, the payment term granted to a buyer is up to 90 days and must be in line with the terms and conditions of the insurance contract.
- KredEx must be informed of the payment default of a buyer within the agreed time.
- In the event of a payment default, the buyer’s credit limit will be closed.
- You must be careful in your economic activity to prevent damage from occurring or increasing.
- Insurance indemnity is granted in case of an insured event agreed upon in the contract.
- Insurance indemnity is subject to an excess.
- You cannot insure the payment risk of your affiliated company.
- Claims against private individuals, fines for delay, contractual penalties, service charges of credit institutions, foreign exchange losses, customs fees, and other charges are not covered.
To enter into a contract, fill in the insurance contract application form and send it to the e-mail address email@example.com. If you have any questions, contact our account managers.
Before making the offer we will make sure that we have correctly understood your insurance need and will explain to you how the insurance works.
After reviewing the application we will assess your buyer and make you an offer that contains the terms and conditions of insurance and the contract related costs.
If the offer is suitable, you will have to pay the insurance premium. Once it has been received, we will issue the insurance policy and the insurance cover will enter into force.
There are two types of costs related to the insurance contract: insurance premium (calculated based on the buyer’s credit limit or the sales related to the buyer) and the costs associated with assessing the buyers.
We assign the maximum amount of credit for the buyer of your company, within which the sale to the buyer is covered by insurance. You may apply for a change in the credit limit during the insurance year.
The credit limit granted to a buyer depends in particular on their creditworthiness.
If you insure the risks of transactions made with the buyer during the year, you need to submit turnover declaration of the insured sales by the dates stated on the insurance policy. At the end of the insurance period we will ascertain the final size of the insurance premium based on the actual sales data.
If you insure a single transaction within the credit limit, you do not have to report the sales.
If a buyer delays the payment of invoice, remind them first of the payment obligation yourself. If this doesn’t help resolve the situation, inform us of the buyer’s debt within the term set out in the insurance contract. To do so, send us a notice on the payment default tothe e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org or use the web form.
You can apply for the insurance indemnity after the occurrence of an insured event, that is after the buyer has gone bankrupt or after a long-term payment default (at least 180 days). To do so, send an insurance indemnity application together with documents evidencing the damage to the e-mail address email@example.com or use the web form.
We will make the decision on the payment of the insurance indemnity within one month after receiving the application and supporting documents.
Before signing the contract, check the terms and conditions of AS KredEx Krediidikindlustus and, if you have any further questions, contact our specialists.