Solar panel investment support
The grant is discontinued as of the 18th of September 2019.
The purpose of this support was to increase the share of electricity produced from renewable sources and to reduce emissions from energy-generating systems.
- Lower expenses for electricity
- Electricity from renewable sources is environmentally friendly
- The support (30%) shortens the payback period for the generating equipment installed
- apartment association
- local municipality
- for company
Service is suitable if
- the applicant is a legal person
- the registered immovable/building belongs to the applicant
- the applicant’s activity is a field listed in divisions C, O, P, Q and I in group 551 in the Estonian Classification of Economic Activities (EMTAK).
- when applying for solar panels for an apartment building, the building must meet at least class C energy performance values
- Activities eligible for the support:
- expenses for designing the installation project for the energy-generating equipment
- expenses for purchasing energy-generating equipment
- expenses for designing the installation project for the energy-generating equipment
Only activities described in the construction design project will receive support.
VAT is eligible unless the applicant is a registered VAT payer.
- The expenses for energy-generating equipment are eligible on the following conditions:
- the energy-generating equipment is rated at 200 kilowatts or less and its planned annual generation output does not exceed the average annual power consumption for the last three years at the given point of consumption;
- if consumption at the point of consumption has been less than three years, the actual power consumption period will be used as the basis for determining power consumption and in the absence of any consumption, the forecasted consumption in the construction design project will be used as the basis;
- the energy-generating equipment will be installed facing south ±25 degrees and with a tilt of 15–45 degrees;
- the energy-generating device is purchased from its manufacturer, an official representative or an official distributor of the manufacturer or official representative.
- obtaining the support requires a construction design project for installing the energy-generating equipment and connecting it to existing equipment.
- to obtain the support, the building in which energy generated will be consumed must be a material part of the building of immovable in which the energy-generating equipment will be installed.
- to obtain the support, the seller must provide a warranty of at least five years on all components and upon installation the installer must provide a warranty of at least five years on all installation work. The energy-generating equipment must have a CE certificate.
- to obtain the support the energy-generating equipment system must enable metering and recording of data on energy output generated for consumption.
- to obtain the support the energy-generating equipment must meet the requirements established by the network operator.
- An applicant that is a legal person must meet the following requirements:
- the applicant has satisfied all obligations as regards state and local taxes;
- no liquidation proceedings have been launched against the applicant nor has a trustee in bankruptcy been appointed or a bankruptcy decision been announced by court decision;
- the applicant, not including applicants who are apartment associations or commercial associations, must have operated for at least one financial year prior to submitting the application, and the financial year immediately preceding submission of the application must have been at least 12 months in length;
- the applicant does not have outstanding collectible obligations in regard to projects for which it has received support from the state budget, or EU or other external funds;
- the applicant has not, in the five years preceding submission of the application, violated terms of contracts with KredEx or used allocated support for other than the designated purpose.
- no liquidation proceedings have been launched or bankruptcy decision made in regard to a person with significant influence over the applicant;
- The applicant’s equity capital meets the requirements established in the Commercial Code;
- the applicant’s annual report for the year immediately preceding the submission of the application must be available from the Commercial Register as of the moment of submission of the application if the submission of the annual report to the Commercial Register is required by the Commercial Code;
- the applicant’s sales turnover in the last financial year is at least 50,000 euros.
- if the financial year immediately preceding the submission of the application ended in the year of the submission of the application and no annual report has been filed to the Commercial Register for that year, and the deadline for doing so had not arrived by the time of the submission of the application, the annual report for the financial year immediately preceding it, for which an annual report has been filed, will be used as the basis.
- if the building is in the co-ownership of an individual and legal person, the legal person can apply for support based on its share of the ownership.
- the applicant for support must be a legal person who is entered into the land register as the owner of the immovable, and in the case of immovables in joint ownership, the applicant must be a representative authorized by one of the owners or ______
- Requirements for the price offer:
- The applicant must have elicited comparable price offers from at least three persons providing the relevant service, including a technical specification (hereinafter referred to as price offer). The price offers must be elicited from the tenderers no more than two weeks apart, they must be valid at the moment of comparison and been made by undertakings with a right to operate in the given field.
- The price offer must be signed by the tenderer and include the applicant’s name, tenderer’s name, the tenderer’s contact details, the date the price offer was issued and the price of the planned activity and the energy-generating equipment both with and without VAT.
- The selected price offer may not be unreasonably high compared to the ordinary price of similar activity and energy-generating equipment. “Unreasonably high” shall be considered to be a price offer whose price is at least 20 per cent higher than the price of similar energy-generating equipment or activity.
- The selected price offer must be justified.
- The applicant and the company that submits a price offer and their shareholder, member or member of their management body may not have a holding in each other’s companies or belong to each other’s management board or supervisory board.
- The company that submits a price offer and its shareholder, member or member of their management body may not have a holding in another tenderer’s company or belong to the management board or supervisory board of another tenderer.
- Level of support and maximum amount of support:
- The support can cover up to 30% of the total cost of the activities supported in the framework of the measure and up to 30,000 euros per applicant.
- Undertakings belonging to the same group or undertakings connected to one another through significant influence as defined in subsection 2 (4) of the Competition Act may not apply for support totalling more than 30,000 euros.
- Upon granting support, the rules on accumulation of de minimis aid for different purposes set forth in Article 5 of Commission regulation (EU) No 1407/2013 shall be considered.
- For the purpose of calculating the amount of de minimis aid, enterprises connected to each other shall be considered to be a single undertaking in accordance with Article 2 (2) of Commission Regulation (EU) No 1407/2013.
- The de minimis aid granted during to the applicant over three consecutive financial years, together with the support granted on the basis of the regulation, may not exceed 200,000 euros.
- Period of eligibility of supported activities:
- The expenses for activities borne by the applicant and obligations assumed prior to submitting the application to KredEx shall not be eligible, except for expenses for design, which are eligible starting from the entry into force of the regulation.
- The applicant must carry out the supported activities within 12 months of approval of the application.
- KredEx may provide an extension for performance of supported activities of up to six months, once and in a justified case, on the basis of the applicant’s request, on condition that the result achieved by implementing the project does not worsen.
- Disbursement of support:
- The disbursements of support will be made to the recipient based on the conditions set forth in the decision to partially or completely approve the application.
- The recipient is obliged to submit a disbursement application to KredEx within 20 business days of submission of the notification of use or the granting of authorization for use.
Good to know
- The designer must be an undertaking entered into the Register of Economic Activities with a valid registration for providing the given service. The electrician who connects the energy-generating equipment to the building’s utility systems must be registered in the register of economic activities in the area if activity of electrical work.
- Important: Please keep the size of emails and attachments under 10 MB per email. The most convenient way of sending documents is by uploading them in our e-service interface.