Insurance for long-term export transactions
The services for insuring export transactions with a payment term exceeding two years are the supplier’s credit insurance and the buyer’s credit insurance.
These services are designed for exporters who sell capital goods or durable goods (such as machinery, equipment, plant equipment) or provide large-scale services to a foreign buyer (such as significant IT-development), also, to financers participating in such transactions.
The exporters conclude the supplier’s credit insurance by themselves. This service can be used as a guarantee when financing an export contract and when an export transaction is financed with an export loan issued by KredEx.
Buyer’s credit insurance is designed for a financer, who finances the transaction of an Estonian exporter by granting a loan to a foreign buyer. The financer using this service shall pay the exporter for the goods or services; the buyer, however, shall pay the financer under a credit contract. A credit contract is understood as a loan or another agreement, also a letter of credit, which commits the buyer to make payments to the financer within a payment term of at least two years.
Both, for the supplier’s credit as well as buyer’s credit, the insurance covers the risk that the foreign buyer is failing or becomes insolvent (e.g. goes bankrupt).
The supplier’s and buyer’s credit insurance is a state export guarantee within the meaning of the State Export Guarantee Act. The terms and conditions of insurance and the terms and conditions of an export transaction are based on the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) agreement on the provision of state export guarantees.
- You can make large-scale export transactions.
- Where necessary, you may involve financing for the export transaction.
- You will receive an expert opinion about the buyer’s solvency.
- You can use assistance in the collection of debt from the buyer and restructuring of the transaction.
- Upon the occurrence of an insured event, the insurance indemnity is paid to your company as the exporter in case of the supplier’s credit and to the financer of the transaction in case of the buyer’s credit.
Service is suitable if
- you sell machinery, equipment, IT software development, or other service that is capital intensive,
- you wish to obtain a competitive advantage by offering a long payment term to the buyer,
- you plan to increase your export volume.
- The payment term granted to buyers is up to 5 years for a debtor in a High Income OECD Country and up to 10 years for a debtor located elsewhere. High Income OECD Countries are determined by the World Bank once a year.
- Insurance cover is up to 95% of the value of export credit.
- Insurance also covers the interest under an export or credit contract, calculated for up to 120 days.
- The buyer’s payment obligation is insured within up to 85% of the value of export contract (the buyer must make a prepayment within at least 15%). The insurance premium may be included in the value of the export contract.
- The payment schedule of an export or credit contract, under which the buyer makes the payments, must provide for the payment of the principal amount in equal instalments, at least two principal and interest payments a year and the payment of the first instalment at the latest within six months after delivery of the goods to the buyer or complete provision of the service.
- We pay the damages which your company incurs when the buyer is unable to make the scheduled payments.
To enter into the contract, fill in the supplier’s credit or buyer’s credit insurance application and send it together with the required supporting documents to the e-mail address email@example.com. If you have any questions, contact our account managers.
If you need the KredEx export loan for the transaction, also fill in the export loan section in the supplier’s credit insurance application.
Before making the offer we will make sure that we have correctly understood your insurance need and will explain to you how the insurance works.
The offer also states the terms and conditions of insurance and the costs related to the contract.
Once we have agreed on the terms and conditions of the export contract (and upon need also the financing contract), we will sign the insurance contract. After that pay the insurance premium and the insurance cover will enter into force.
As a client of KredEx export loan, the payment of the insurance premium can be financed with the export loan.
Inform us if problems emerge in the performance of the export contract (such as the delivery of goods or services being delayed).
If your buyer delays the scheduled payments, inform us as soon as possible thereof (at the latest by the term specified in the insurance contract). To do so, send us a notice on the payment default to the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org or use the web form.
You can apply for the insurance indemnity after the occurrence of an insured event, that is after the buyer has gone bankrupt or after a long-term payment default (at least 90 days). To do so, send an insurance indemnity application together with documents evidencing the damage to the e-mail address email@example.com or use the web form.
We will make the decision on the payment of the insurance indemnity within one month after receiving the application and supporting documents.
- Tarnijakrediidi kindlustuse ja ekspordilaenu taotlus.pdf
- Ostjakrediidi kindlustuse taotlus.docx
- Maksehäire teade.xlsx
- Kindlustushüvitise taotlus.xlsx
- Kinnitus altkäemaksuga mitteseotuse kohta.pdf
- Application for export loan & credit insurance.pdf
- Buyer’s credit insurance application.docx
- Overdue accounts notification form.xlsx
- Insurance Indemnification Request.xlsx
- Confirmation of not being associated with a bribe.pdf
Before signing the contract, check the terms and conditions of AS KredEx Krediidikindlustus and, if you have any further questions, contact our specialists.