Electrical system renovation supportOpen
The purpose of the support is to provide partial funding for the renovation of electrical systems in buildings in Tallinn that use the old voltage system (3×220 V), with the purpose of changing the buildings over to the new 3x230/400V voltage system.
- Reduced risk of electrical accidents and fire
- The fault current protection in the new voltage system will effectively reduce the risk of electric shock
- It is possible to consume many times more power through the same main circuit breaker (running multiple electrical appliances will no longer trip the breaker)
- Fewer voltage fluctuations means a longer service life for appliances
- Get a new electrical system at up to 50% lower cost
Service is suitable if
- the building is located in Tallinn
- the building is served by an old voltage system and is located in the Elektrilevi network area
- you are the owner of the apartment building
- you are the owner of the private home
- you are a non-profit association (other buildings)
- Activities eligible for the support:
- Construction work for replacing the general part of the electrical system in an apartment building with a new voltage system, including: Construction of earthing, main circuit board and trunking cables running to apartments; establishing general lighting power supply cables for installing general lighting in hallways and basements; connecting apartments’ electrical systems to the general part of the electrical system at the existing connection points; relocating meters from apartments to common areas (in special cases, meters will not be relocated if there is no available space for them).
- Construction works to replace the main circuit board and earthing in private homes served by the old voltage system with the required new voltage system.
- Expenses related to preparation of the electrical design project necessary for carrying out the construction works, if the construction is being performed in the framework of the same application for support.
- The level of support is up to 50% of the eligible costs related to the activities supported.
- The maximum possible total support amount per applicant is:
- up to 300 euros per apartment in the case of an apartment building with 10 units or less;
- up to 250 euros per apartment in the case of an apartment building with more than 10 units;
- up to 7,000 euros for the entire building in the case of non-profit associations.
- We support activities performed after the approval of the application, except for electrical design projects which conform to the Building Code.
- The applicant must carry out the supported activities within 8 months of approval of the application.
- Requirements for the applicant:
- In the case of a private home, the applicant must be an individual who is entered into the land register as the owner or of the immovable, and in the case of immovables in joint ownership, a representative authorized by one of the owners;
- In the case of an apartment association and housing association, the decision of the general meeting regarding performance of renovation works;
- In the case of a non-profit association, the decision of the general meeting regarding performance of renovation works;
- The applicant must be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the project, not acting as an intermediary;
- Upon receiving the support, the applicant for support must finance at least 50% of the eligible costs related to the supported activities.
Good to know
- As the first step, please contact Elektrilevi and ask them for technical conditions. You can do this by calling 777 1545 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- KredEx is obliged to pay income tax on disbursed, support, with the income tax being linked to the holder of the bank account specified in the application for support. Thus, disbursed support shall be recognized in accounting as income that may be counted your basic exemption. Please bear this in mind when calculating your tax-exempt income and preparing corresponding paperwork. For more information on the new tax system and calculation of income, visit the Tax and Customs Board website.
Application and disbursement
Fill in the application and append the necessary documents. Email them to email@example.com or mail to KredEx using Eesti Post registered post.
- Electrical design project conforming to the Building Code or a table providing the volumes of works and the unit prices;
- budget for the project/works;
- timetable for performance of project/works;
- at least three price offers together with a description of the volumes of work and a reference to the person selected to perform the construction works;
- extract from land register regarding the ownership status of the apartment property;
- confirmation from the applicant stating that the submitted data are true and accurate;
- if necessary, approval from the Heritage Board;
- Technical conditions issued by Elektrilevi OÜ to the applicant in writing after 1 March 2015 also stating the readiness of the ELV network with the new voltage system and the existence of a new main input cable or the time at which the cable will be installed, document certifying the existence of self-financing (either a copy of the loan decision from a credit institution or account balance statement from the applicant’s bank, showing that the required funds exist for the extent covered by the support);
- Authorisation from apartment owners in the case of an application submitted by the association’s administrator;
- In the case of an apartment association and housing association, the valid decision of the general meeting;
- •In the case of a non-profit association, the decision of the general meeting regarding performance of renovation works and funding of self-financing.
- Ask Elektrilevi for a letter of confirmation regarding the transition to the new voltage
- Fill in the disbursement application and append the necessary documents. Email them to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to KredEx using Eesti Post registered post.
- instruments of delivery and acceptance of works
- payment orders, bank account or credit card statement at least in the extent not covered by the support
- written confirmation from Elektrilevi OÜ regarding disconnection of the dwellings electrical system from the network served by the old voltage system and connection to the network served by the new voltage system
- The disbursements of support will be made to the recipient based on the conditions set forth in the decision approval decision and the agreement on allocation of support.
Support recipients must file a final report on use of the support using the reporting form approved by KredEx and appending photos of the work performed. The report must be submitted within 30 calendar days of the disbursement of the support.